JP Cullen has a reputation of offering a strong intern and co-op experience to Engineering and Construction Management Students. We believe our interns and co-ops should be offered an experience as true to real life as we can make it. We know that if we offer students a challenging, true-to-life experience with a sense of accomplishment, our return will be a good pool of tested employees we can look at when we need to hire for permanent positions.
Responsibilities of an intern will depend on the current array of workload in our estimating department at that time. Overall you will contribute to accurately bidding work and assisting the Estimating team win opportunities to build successful projects. Responsibilities will likely include:
- Take off assignments – Quantifying scopes of work within a project.
- Subcontractor Quote Coverage – Ensuring Cullen is receiving bids from the subcontractor market in each category of work.
- Historical Cost Database – You will be responsible for obtaining actual production rates and entering them into the historical cost database to be used on future pricing of work. You may be asked to research and analyze specific cost data and break it out into usable unit pricing.
- Conceptual Cost Database – Assist with updates to the conceptual cost database and obtain current pricing from the subcontractor market. Analyze pricing on recent projects that may be used in the database.
- Assisting with Scope Letters and Scope Review – Ensuring subcontractors scopes are coordinated and ensure they understand their scope of work and bid accordingly.
- Material Quotes – Obtain material pricing from suppliers for Cullen Self Preformed Work.
- Site Walks – Attending pre-bid site visits and capture relevant information about existing conditions.
- Document Management – Assist with updating electronic documents with addendum.
- Problem Solving – Assist the Preconstruction team with finding the most cost-effective way to preform specific scopes of work. Help develop a plan for the work and price it per the developed plan.
JP Cullen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.