JP Cullen, a Wisconsin-based $500 million plus, 130-year-old, 5th generation family-owned construction management firm, is seeking a best-in-class Director of Construction Technology. The Director of Construction Technology is responsible for overall technology implementation to advance construction operations and service to our projects and clients.
Our Mission: To identify, hire, train, and retain the best people to serve our customers.
The Director of Construction Technology reports directly to one of the Co-Presidents. Success is determined by ensuring the innovative use of technologies to streamline operations throughout all stages of a construction project. Understanding the building process and technology applications and how they can be applied in the construction industry is key to success.
Major responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the intent of JP Cullen policies, procedures and quality standards are followed
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and become a trusted advisor to customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Track industry technology trends, lead construction technology research, and implement the use of new construction technologies
- Develop specific objectives and strategies to support achieving our project and company goals
- Lead initiatives to provide continuous technology transformation without interrupting operations
- Maintain an effective construction technology platform by developing and implementing operational policies and procedures related to construction technology applications
- Work through operational process improvement, including KPI metric reporting and insights
- Manage the budgets for all assigned areas
- Negotiate purchases of software and construction technology hardware
- Travel to jobsites and offices to train systems users and be a resource for construction technology
- Work closely with the IT Manager for implementation of products
- Coordinate innovation efforts between multiple departments
- Market JP Cullen’s construction technology services to clients in sales presentations
- Assign workload of direct reports and ensure quality work is completed to support project teams
- Mentor and train direct reports for personal and professional growth
- Provide input on recruiting, hiring, promoting, and staffing
- Perform additional assignments as requested by supervisor
- Four-year college degree and 10 years of experience in leadership, technology, and construction including at least 5 years of experience in a Project Manager, VDC Manager, Superintendent, or similar role
- Knowledge of construction software as necessary
- Good understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc.
- Must possess superior communication and interpersonal (facilitation, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Compensation & Benefits:
JP Cullen has a commitment to its community, employees, and employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits — Health, Life, and Dental Insurance; Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure; Profit Sharing, PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, and Training.
JP Cullen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.