Our Mission: To identify, hire, train, and retain the best people to serve our customers.
JP Cullen is a Wisconsin-based $600 million plus, 130-year-old, 5th generation family-owned construction management firm.
The Opportunity: Our entire infrastructure is on the Cloud. With an aggressive strategy to target cutting edge technologies, we’re looking for ways to set ourselves apart.
The ideal candidate is professional and diplomatic in dealing with internal and external customers and maintains a positive work atmosphere. Outstanding customer service, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills are critical to the success of this position.
The Field Technology Engineer reports directly to the Manager of IT and supports all employees throughout the offices and project sites. The Field Technology Engineer will primarily work in the Milwaukee office but will also visit jobsites in the Milwaukee area.
- We work pretty independently but look for ways to sharpen each other’s skills & knowledge with regular team meetings.
- Respond to jobsite and office requests to resolve IT issues. Get to know people more than what you might in a typical IT role.
- Visit job sites to provide support, deploy jobsite workstations, printers, and network equipment in coordination with business units and IT team. See us in action at a construction site.
- Provide application support for the following: M365/Microsoft Suite and related applications, Bluebeam, Adobe, Autodesk products, Procore, Destini, Oracle P6, MS Project. We look to implement only the best in technology options.
- Collaborate with the jobsite/office staff and Cullen IT team to suggest, develop, and test IT improvements
- Setup new PCs and installation of software and repair equipment and related devices
- Train users to work with new computer hardware or software
- Properly diagnose the problem and walk users through the recommended problem-solving steps
- Possess and use critical thinking and reasoning skills in the resolution of issues, problems, and tasks
Position Background Requirements:
- Ideal candidate will have at least an Associate degree in MIS, Computer Science or related area or 2 years of PC support or helpdesk experience
- Both critical thinking and reasoning skills related to the technology field
- Working knowledge of Windows, M365, Networking/WIFI, User management, iOS/Android
- Basic project and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work based on business needs
- Candidates should be passionate about working with people to solve their technology related issues and have excellent time management skills and work well under pressure and/or deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits:
JP Cullen has a commitment to its community, employees, and employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits — Health, Life, and Dental Insurance, Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure, Profit Sharing, PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, and Training.
JP Cullen is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.