JP Cullen, a Wisconsin-based $600 million plus, 130-year-old, 5th generation family-owned construction management firm, is seeking a motivated VDC Technician. The VDC Technician will assist team members through the generation and management of 2D/3D models on one or more project(s) at a time. This person may also work with project teams in both an office and construction site environments.
Our Mission: To identify, hire, train, and retain the best people to serve our customers.
Although 90% of what any construction firm does is the same, the 10% that makes JP Cullen different is VERY different. What makes us unique is our people, culture, operational excellence, client trust and the proven commitment to always do the right thing. At JP Cullen, we are a team that is “all in together”, which is how we have succeeded in business for over 130 years. We work hard, have high expectations and are committed to successfully executing every project we win. We have a proven, award winning, team-based sales process that sets any driven and competitive person up for success. To qualify, you must love working in a family/team environment and love winning.
Major responsibilities include:
- Generate 2D/3D models through use of AutoCAD and Revit
- Plan, review and update drafts and activities to ensure project completion in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of alternate solutions and design options
- Communicate and work in partnership with VDC Engineers and key project team members
- Identify clash detection and constructability solutions with AEs and Subs
- Create and maintain effective relationships with customers, vendors, architects, subcontractors, etc.
- Associate degree in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or similar.
- Entry to intermediate expertise and experience in the current release of AutoCAD & Revit and one or more of the following: Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Inventor, FARO Scene.
- Ability to follow through in a self‐motivated fashion.
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
JP Cullen has a commitment to its community, employees, and employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits — Health, Life, and Dental Insurance; Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure; Profit Sharing, PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, and Training.
JP Cullen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.