Two project delivery methods that have become very popular recently are Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) and Design-Build. These delivery methods have risen as a favored choice for some industrial clients and is beginning to pick up support in the manufacturing business.
The construction manager does the following for Design-Build/EPC projects:
- Contracts with owner as one entity
- Prepares design and construction documents, cost estimate, and schedule
- Designs and constructs building for one price
- Coordinates the construction process and certifies construction
complies with the construction documents
- May self-perform work
- Agrees to GMP or cost plus not exceed contract
- Competitive bidding
- Fast-track options
- Cost savings revert to owner
- Reduce change order potential
- Team approach to construction
- Early cost control and budgeting
- Value engineering and system analysis
- Single point of contact
- Minimal risk to the owner for design and construction
Our in-house experts, led by Ben Menaker, have a keen understanding of the importance of a well-designed plan for both engaging and educating stakeholders throughout the entire life of the project – from the day we are hired and beyond the completion of construction. We will ensure you have a strategic plan to assist you in the planning and execution of your design/build project.
Contact Us | Services
"*" indicates required fields
- Emphasis on price versus quality
- No checks and balances between design and construction
- Less owner control
- Limited option who you can hire for this method
Virtual Design & Construction
Our VDC technologies allow you to assess where problems could occur before construction has even begun.
At the core of our prefabrication and process improvement methods is a focus on staying flexible, always learning, and only following the steps that add value for you.
Get In Touch
JP Cullen is one of the Midwest’s leading full-service contractors serving Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and beyond.