The Estimator’s success is determined by high quality takeoffs and estimates, tracking historical costs, and following processes. Individual training on JP Cullen’s estimating processes and systems will be provided as well as bi-weekly team trainings throughout the estimating group on various topics. The Estimator reports directly to the Chief Estimator in the Janesville Division and is a member of the company wide Estimating and Preconstruction Group.
Our Need: The ideal candidate has 2 to 3 years of applicable estimating experience in the construction industry with a company that self-performs work in concrete, masonry, steel, carpentry or a combination of those trades. We need someone who enjoys collaborating with the team to develop the construction plan and working independently on their assigned divisions of work.
- Review of plans and specification
- Site visits
- Quantity take off
- Follow estimating processes
- Collaborate with estimators, project managers, and superintendents
- Price self-performed work
- Maintain and use our historical cost database
- Prepare bids
- Conceptual estimating
- Preconstruction services
- Analyze subcontractor bids to assure a complete scope of work
- Negotiate and award subcontracts
- Participate in training programs among other duties.
Position Background Requirements:
Four-year college degree related to construction, engineering, and/or business, or completion of an apprenticeship and a combination of at least two to three or more years of experience in a construction-related position where knowledge was gained in the areas of estimating, construction, and design
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to hr@JPCullen.com for consideration.