Why JP Cullen?
We specialize in the “Tough Jobs” no one else can do. And we need the “Site Engineer” with the right teamwork skills to get even the most difficult jobs done on-time, in budget, every time. We have exciting new project opportunities for those looking stay in Madison, Milwaukee, or Janesville, Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin-based $400 million, 130-year-old, 5th generation family-owned construction management firm
- Developed training programs and career paths for Site Engineer to PM, Superintendent, or Estimator
- Seeking to be the construction manager of choice for the toughest jobs in the region.
- Our clients have high expectations and our projects are high profile.
Our Need: A Site Engineer Who Enjoys Seeing Ideas Turn into Reality
- An onsite resource for our project crews
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-directed individual who enjoys being on a team and working independently
- Organized and provides high attention to detail
- The kind of person who believes there is always a way if we all work together.
Major responsibilities include:
- Perform analysis of construction methods (crane reaches, formwork design, erosion control, and grading modifications).
- Produce miscellaneous sketches and drawings as required to show field conditions to the architect, clarify plan details for craft persons (e.g. lift drawing), proposing alternate details.
- Verify quality and compliance of installation with specifications and drawings for all work.
- Process and expedite answers to RFI’s generated from the field. Once answered, take to closure by distributing information and following through to ensure correct incorporation of answers.
- Participate in and contribute to Operation Planning Process and weekly coordination meetings, superintendent meetings, daily crew huddles and foreman meetings.
- Organize and schedule pre-installation meetings for any subcontractor with on-site labor. Prepare meeting agendas and ensure attendance by all parties. Conduct pre-install meetings.
- Prepare and monitor written delivery schedule log. Inspect shipments of all deliveries as directed by the Superintendent.
- Project closeout – expedite punchlist, and track and verify that items on the punchlist are being completed.
What You Bring:
- Four-year engineering degree related to construction, or equivalent technical training and related experience, or a minimum of four years of construction site experience.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills and proficiency in a wide variety of computer programs, with the aptitude and willingness to learn new software and systems.
- Appetite for challenges and fast career growth with responsibility and accountability.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Compensation & Benefits:
JP Cullen has a commitment to its community, employees, and employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits — Health, Life, and Dental Insurance, Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure, Profit Sharing, PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, and Training.
JP Cullen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.