Why JP Cullen?
JP Cullen, a Wisconsin-based $400 million plus, 129-year-old, 5th generation family-owned construction management firm, is seeking a best-in-class VDC Engineer. The role of the VDC Engineer is to implement BIM technologies for any assigned project from preconstruction through turnover. The VDC Engineer will assist team members through the use of 2D/3D software and processes on one or more project(s) at a time. This person may also work with project teams in both an office and construction site
Our Mission: To identify, hire, train, and retain the best people to serve our customers.
Although 90% of what any construction firm does is the same, the 10% that makes JP Cullen different is VERY different. What makes us unique is our people, culture, operational excellence, client trust and the proven commitment to always do the right thing. At JP Cullen, we are a team that is “all in together”, which is how we have succeeded in business for over 130 years. We work hard, have high expectations and are committed to successfully executing every project we win. We have a proven, award winning, team-based sales process that sets any driven and competitive person up for success. To qualify, you must love working in a family/team environment and love winning.
Major responsibilities include:
- Collect and integrate models for all project team parties, run MEP coordination (clash detection) meetings, and maintain issue logs, taking issues to completion.
- Operate laser scanner, coordinate, and model if applicable, laser scanned data for integration in models. Develop/coordinate design documents from data.
- Completing the BIM/CAD needs of project teams such as, but not limited to, generating 2D/3D/4D site logistics plans, utilizing models to support construction operations and planning, providing regular QA/QC field walks to ensure field installations match coordinated models, aiding in lift drawing creation, and utilizing models to support estimating teams.
- Coordinate and solve BIM related issues with project teams.
- Incorporate constructability and construction means and methods into BIM models. Facilitate federated models between discipline models produced internally and externally.
- Generate 3D/4D models for business development, marketing, pre‐construction, and construction teams.
- Oversee electronic file management and prepare deliverables to client
- Four‐year engineering degree related to construction or equivalent technical training and related experience, or a minimum of four years of construction site experience.
- Intermediate to advanced expertise and experience in the current release of AutoCAD & Revit and one or more of the following: Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Inventor, FARO Scene.
- Ability to follow through in a self‐motivated fashion.
- Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
JP Cullen has a commitment to its community, employees, and employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits — Health, Life, and Dental Insurance; Competitive Salary and Bonus Structure; Profit Sharing, PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, and Training.
JP Cullen is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. We promote diversity by proactively recruiting, hiring, and promoting women, minorities, disabled individuals, and veterans. JP Cullen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.